I’m sure that you’ve probably already seen a ton of recipes for different flavored kale chips, but I can assure you that these one are truly the best ever.
What I like most about kale chips is that you can pretty much any flavor combination and they’ll taste delicious.
But there’s one key ingredient that all the other recipes are missing; the ingredient that takes regular kale chips to the next level.
Bacon grease. ❤
Before we went ketogenic bacon grease was just something to toss in the trash. We were so silly back then. Now we never have a shortage of the stuff – we cook bacon on a near-daily basis.
Bacon grease has since become a staple in my home – we put it in absolutely everything. “Oh, this recipe calls for olive oil? BACON GREASE!”
It’s borderline obsession, we’re aware. But I won’t ever change. No amount intervention will rid me of this.
Back to the chips. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
This is probably the simplest recipe I have ever made.
All you need is:
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp bacon grease (melted)
- 2 tbsp favorite seasoning mixture (we used seasoned salt – it makes the chips taste just like Rally’s Fries!)
1. Cut the kale leaves off the stem and separate into bite-sized pieces, place in a large bowl
2. Pour bacon grease over leaves, mix
3. Place leaves in a single layer on cookie sheet, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning mixture
4. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until cripsy
It’s really as easy as that.