One look at the ingredients for this recipe and you’ll say “Duh, Bethany. That’s how most breadsticks are made.”
That being said, I’m still gonna tell you all about it. It’s really more of a reference for myself as I am the type of person to throw random seasonings into a recipe, love it, and then forget what I did to make it taste so good the next time.
I really just can’t win.
So here we go!
I’ve mentioned before that PopTarts are about the only thing that would cause me to revert to a regular diet. For my husband, that weak spot is pizza.
We’ve tried a ton of different low-carb pizza dough variations (cauliflower, coconut flour, meatza, psyllium husk, etc.). While yummy, none of them really seemed like a great alternative – either too many steps or the texture and flavor was severely lacking.
And then we stumbled upon Fat Head Pizza dough and we fell in love. The texture is great. The flavor is great. It’s super easy, too.
But what is pizza without breadsticks?! Really, you should never be able to have one without the other.
Like pizza dough, we tried many different types and none satisfied us. Until I had the brilliant idea to just use the Fat Head Pizza dough.
All together now, “Duh, Bethany!”
All you need is:
- One recipe Fat Head Pizza dough (double if you want to make pizza & breadsticks)
- 1-1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- A sprinkle of Italian seasoning (optional)
1. Make dough as normal
2. Use pizza cutter to section dough to your desired size
3. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes
4. While dough is baking, mix butter and garlic salt
5. Remove dough from oven, coat in butter mixture, return to oven for 4 minutes or until nicely golden brown
6. Peel and serve