Aside from Pop-Tarts, pizza dough is the food that I miss most. Not pizza, just the dough. So chewy, so warm so mmmmmmmmm. I’m really just bread-obsessed. No shame.
Fat head dough is truly one of the most versatile bread replacements that I’ve ever worked with – anything that you can use pizza dough for, you can use fat head instead. Seriously anything. Want to make some sort of breakfast casserole that would typically call for some type of refrigerated dough? Look no further; fat head is here to save the day. Breadsticks? Heck yes.
And the best solution of all? A bacon cheeseburger calzone that tastes exactly like a real bacon cheeseburger! Don’t just take my word for it, try it yourself!
I promise, you won’t be disappointed.
What You Need:
- 1 recipe fat head pizza dough
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 dill pickle, finely diced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp low-carb ketchup
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Season beef with seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper, and brown in a medium-sized skillet
- Begin frying bacon and chop when fully cooked
- Add pickle, bacon, mustard, and ketchup to beef, mix, and let simmer
- Prepare fat head dough as normal
- Flatten dough into a large rectangle on parchment paper
- Sprinkle half of dough with meat mixture
- Top with cheddar cheese
- Use parchment paper to fold over remaining half of dough and press down on the edges to seal
- Place calzone on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Try to work quickly after flattening the fat head dough – the warmer it is, the more malleable it will be and the less tears you’ll get as you fold and seal the dough